Over the last 5 years, student finalists of different university courses have been working in the Station on the following topics:
- succession of the rocky intertidal fauna;
- abundance of goose-barnacle larvae;
- maintenance of marine turtles in captivity;
- intertidal populations of sea-urchins;
- marine aquariums in semi-closed systems;
- ecological impact of Aguda's breakwater;
- cultivation of the European lobster Homarus gammarus;
- geomorfological aspects of Vila Nova de Gaia's coast;
- intertidal fauna and flora of Vila Nova de Gaia's coast;
- chemical analyses of sea water;
- biological recolonization of tidepools after partial destruction owing to sand accumulations;
- inventory of sites of geological interest.
- Efects of sand accumulation in tide pools of Aguda's beach. «ICBAS»
- Maintainance of saltwater and freshwater aquariums. Catholic University of Porto «UCP»
- Maintainance of saltwater and freshwater aquariums. Superior Agrarian School of Viseu.
- Comparison of sampling methods for the intertidal zone. ICBAS.
- Assessment of the effect of the nature of the substrate in intertidal communities. ICBAS
- Maintainance of the exibhition aquariums of the Littoral Station of Aguda. ICBAS.